
Yesterday it snowed and snowed and snowed. i don't remember in all my life seeing that much snow. It is awesome...blah blah blah, you'll hate it by March...yeah yeah yeah...well it's not March it's December and it is less then a week from Christmas. I LOVE IT!! And yes it is bone chilling cold!
So we decided to "hunker down" for Friday and count our blessings that we have working radiators! But today we wanted to play by going to see Santa on a Trolley, let the girls Christmas shop for each other and Emmett and eat at our little touch of home spot Texas Roadhouse!
So I said to Ryan, "I know I am a novice at snow but it seems pretty deep to drive through, maybe we should borrow a shovel from our neighbors and shovel some of that." Ryan said,"Oh Tawn, we can just back out if you don't want to do it (see I drive everywhere we go- he navigates) I'll back us out".
I know you are thinking that he tried to back out and got us stuck but we were smarter then that. No we decided to shovel or should I say rake us out. We don't have a snow shovel, but we have or had a big leaf rake. About half way down the driveway Ryan put his foot through the rake...not exactly sure how that happened but about three scoops later the rake broke in half. 
Thank goodness for the small dirt shovel we had as a back up...took a lot longer but eventually we got out! Later today we went to Target and bought a new snow shovel, Ryan wanted to test it out when we got home and it broke too...
Now we are both rake-less and shovel-less and more snow is coming tomorrow morning. Moral of my story...spring the extra $10 and buy the better snow shovel!
Saturday, December 20, 2008
Holy Cannoli; now that's snow!
Posted by Ryan and Tawnee at 8:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Anytime we buy something that breaks Porter goes on a tirade about "nothing being built well nowadays..." as if he's some grizzled 70 year old man. But, isn't it kind of true? I mean, now you have to shovel out again to go back to target and let them know that they sell loser products. ugh. :) Can't say I envy the snow, but it looks nice from the pictures!
Oh Tawnee - you and Ryan are funny! I can't believe he actually tried to shovel your driveway with a rake! And I can't believe you don't have a shovel - your not in TX anymore! Acutally, we didn't get a shovel until our second year here in Iowa. We live in a condo and the association has to shovel the walks and streets, etc. But the second year here we had a big snow storm that dumped a bunch of snow and I tried to back out of our garage and highplaned the car and couldn't pull back in. Luckily a neighbor had a shovel and I dug all the snow out from under the car and was able to pull the car back into the garage. But I learned my lesson. I sent Dave out to buy a snow shovel so things like that wouldn't happen anymore. And unforuntately we have had to use it more than I would wish. We got over a foot of snow one day last year and I had to shovel out our parking spot for Dave or there was no way he was going to be able to come home from school!
All I can say is welcome to Winter and snow. After 6 years of Mid-west winters, I am NOT a fan anymore. Espcially after getting rearended by a semi yesterday on our way to church with -29 degree weather!
OMGoodness! Yes, take it from a woman who lived in Utah for almost 13 years, get a good snow shovel and don't drive over it! It will pack down and you will have a solid sheet of ice for a driveway! Oh and buy some rock salt for the front doorway/steps, but don't use it on the driveway (it will eventually break down the driveway unless you get the really expensive stuff). Have fun and build a snowman for us in Houston.
Ok, so I laughed out loud and am still laughing to myself, about Ryan and the rake. I am not sure which one actually won.
Post a Comment