Friday, April 30, 2010

Little Brat

So my little Kae went off to school yesterday in her favorite t-shirt, a princess and the frog one, with her hair in a pony tail with her new sneakers on, smiling and giggly. She LOVES kindergarten! But when I picked her up, it was like picking up a deflated balloon, she was dragging her backpack, hair half out of the ponytail, feet dragging.

I waited til we had a moment alone to ask, "what's wrong, Kae?"

"Mom, Do you think I'm ugly?" she replied.

"Of course not, why would you ask that?" I asked her.

"Natasha told me I looked ugly today." she told me.

Now is it wrong for me to want to scratch Natasha's eyes out? I mean she is only a kindergartner...but we are talking about my Kae here.

7 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Poor girl! I let out an "ohhh" while reading this. I knew kids were cruel but didn't know it started in Kindergarten.

KT said...

Whatever. Nathasha is ugly.

jacblanch said...

Little brat, so true!!! Kids are so mean sometimes! Kae's a beautiful girl! Sorry she had a bad day. :(

TammeNBen said...

I feel the same way about some of Kloey's friends sometimes. Tell her Aunt Tamme says she SOOOO beautiful!

Lewis Family said...

I'm not going to touch that one, suffice it to say there are many people at the school that would've gotten a HUGE piece of my mind ASAP.

Amy said...

Kinda like when B was so excited to be all dressed up in hearts for Vaentine's Day (and looked darn cute, too!), and then came home embarrassed and sad because a few kids in her class made fun of her for wearing hearts on Valentine's Day. HUH?? Elementary kids are so mean! And when it comes to making your baby feel as though she's not "good enough"...go ahead and scratch her eyes out.

Anonymous said...

Kids can be so mean sometimes. I be Natasha loved her cute shirt. I am sure Kaedance looked beautiful!