Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kae is 6 years old!






Kadence is a big 6 year old now, she enjoyed it for two whole days before announcing," well I am almost 7, you know!"

In Kindergarten here in CT they sing Happy Birthday then follow it up with a little song of," are you 1, are you 2, are you 3?" and so on until they get to your age. At which point the Birthday kid is supposed to stop the singers, usually in some loud dramatic fashion. Kadence had been practicing her big moment all week with Cambelle singing to her, and she would yell STOP!

So the big day finally came, she was so excited, Cambelle, Emmett and I brought in cupcakes and juice boxes as requested by the birthday girl. I had made the cupcakes and they took me all day, the first batch I overfilled and had to run to the store for more cones and cake mix and try again. The next batch was cooling in the freezer while I frosted them to get them her class before snack time. Oh the things kids will never know we do for them! Anyhow...back to her song story...

Her class sang her the song and got to her age and she was all ready to stop them but what did my sweet, shy little girl do? She lifted one hand slowly from her side and gave it a gentle wave all the while looking at her toes, completely beet red!

I wanted to swallow her up she was so darling!

She asked for only two things for her birthday, a pinata and moonsand. Ryan tried to fight me tooth and nail not to get her the second request. But she only asked for two things...how can you not get a child something so simple. We have wood floors and a broom I told him, then I bought her the moonsand. When she opened it she said,"oh yes! I have been waiting for this!"

We had Ivy bring "the boys" and her cousin Marilyn over to help open up the pinata, they had a ball breaking it open, and I made her an ice cream cake and put a Tinkerbell doll on top. She was quite tickled with her birthday surprises.

She is such a delightful little girl, it is my greatest honor to have her call me mom. How much I have to be thankful for, I wonder if her birthmother will ever really know how grateful we are for her sacrifice for Kae.

1 comments:

jacblanch said...

What a sweet, beautiful 6-year old! I'm excited for Kaden's birthday in a few weeks. I can't believe our kids are 6!!