
Grandpa Johnson and the girls sharing a water on the site of the Boston massacre. It was a long 10 minute walk to this final point of our shortened trail.
Taking a rest on the grave stone of someone...but that is the historical grave yard where Paul Revere, Thomas Paine and many many others were buried.
This is the building where the Declaration of Independance was originally read to the people.
Tadpole Playground, the oldest playground in the United States...it has been updated since obviously! This was originally dedicated to children and has remained such since it's dedication. It's in the Boston Common.
Paul Revere's grave stone. Pretty cool, huh?
Holy Canolli...I just lost my entire post about Boston! Dang...it was so poetic too.
Boston is my favorite city on the East Coast because of the history, I am a total history nut and read all kinds of books about it. I love the movies, books, maps (I know totally nerdy), all of it really. My favorite thing about the East Coast besides the weather (yes, I am serious) is the fact that the towns here were established in the 1700-1800's. I think it is fascinating to drive by houses that were built before 1776, and think about the families that had lived there during that time frame.
I love Boston because the history is almost palpable, the buildings, the grave yards and the sites of some of the most important events during that time frame in American history are preserved in that beautiful city.
After doing the Freedom trail (very short kid friendly version) we left for home but on the road we saw signs for Quincy. Which is where John and Abigail Adams was from. I wanted...no needed to see it, so since I was driving I decided it was as good a place as any to get lunch. We parked right by the Liberty Tree, ever heard of it? Me neither, but it is the site where the revolutionists would meet in secret to plan the Revolution.
Not only is the history cool but the roast beef sandwiches were to die for...when in Boston, stop for a Roast Beef sandwich!
Friday, August 14, 2009
Boston
Posted by Ryan and Tawnee at 8:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment