Yesterday at breakfast Kadence (Kae) looked at me across the table and floored me with what she said.
Kae: Mom, I wish I grew in your tummy.
Me: Why?
Kae: I just do.
Cambelle: Mommy's tummy is broken, right Mommy?
Me: Yup...I am glad you grew in Mindy's tummy and Cambelle grew in Tasha's, you know why?
Kae: Why?
Me: Because Mindy gave you your beautiful golden brown curls and Tasha gave Cambelle those big chocolate eyes, I couldn't have given you that. I want you just the way you are.
Kae: Oh...and Mindy gave Emmett his culy hair too?
Me: Yup, isn't that cool.
I knew I would have this conversation one day but I didn't think it would be over breakfast yesterday. I still don't know if I said the right thing. This is a conversation most people don't have...maybe the opposite conversation with thier teenagers.
Sunday, August 16, 2009
I wish...
Posted by Ryan and Tawnee at 8:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



15 comments:
You said the perfect things for your sweet girls. Good job, mama! And now you're ready for the conversation when it comes up again.
Tawnee you are such a natural at being a mom and having these tough conversations! I think having it over breakfast and not making it a big deal was the perfect way for them to see that it doesn't need to be a major thing in their lives.
Stop second-guessing yourself! You are doing great.
You're a strong woman! The best is when they call you MOM, Momma. You said it perfectly.
I love this, Tawnee. Simply amazing. Your kids are so blessed to have you!
I think you nailed it! Good job. Those are some LUCKY kids.
Give them kisses from Auntie Tamme.
Great job on the tough questions! You are an amazing mom! Yesterday in church my son asked how old Jesus is? you never know which question will be next.
Being a mom is harder than being president--at least they speech writers, press secretaries and researchers...
I'm glad we both have broken tummies or we would have never met each other:)
Three cheers! thank heaven for adopting moms
Thank you to all the sweet comments, ya'll made me cry. Your support means a lot to me.
Awww... I think you said just the right thing. You are the best mommy they could ever have. What fantastic kids you have! And they are so blessed to have you and Ryan be their parents! :)
DITO TO ALL OF THE COMMENTS PREVIOUSLY MADE!!!
YOU INSPIRE ME TAWN. YOU ARE STRONGER THAN YOU REALIZE AND SEEING YOUR STRENGTH SOME HOW DOMINOES AND GIVES ME HOPE IN MY OWN PERSONAL LIFE. YOU ARE WONDERFUL!
You just made me cry. That was so wonderful.
there couldn't be a more perfect answer...that one was straight from God to you to them
That was the BEST answer! I am so glad they get to have you for a mommy!
tawnee you have such a beautiful family!! Thanks for being so good about posting pictures so I can watch everyone grow! I look at the pictures I have of them on my phone pretty much weekly but it's just not enough! I miss you all!
oh Tawnee, you just made me cry. Definatly wouldn't want them any different than they are. They are so precious and I love seeing pictures of them, always brings a smile to my face (especially that Cambelle). What a blessing they are and an example of motherly love you were to me. I think, you just have to be silly sometimes like Tawnee, and enjoy and have fun with your kids while they're little. Precious moments.
Post a Comment