Okay to we got flab together and have decided to make this our year to get fab together. We have tried a couple times before and thought we were gungho but this time just feels different!
Here's the skinny on the skinny: We have started a game with major rewards to the winner. We both thought of what would be the ultimate reward if we won and what reward if we do it together that would make it worth it. I want to win!! Tie is good too but I really want to win!
So what do we win you ask?
Ryan's ultimate prize would be $500 of backpacking and climbing gear and a weekend trip to use it.
Mine is a 4 day furlough home without the kids and shopping spree (ticket and shopping to equal $500)with my mom and hopefully sister if I can get her to come kidless too.
If we both reach our goals by the deadline then the prize will be a weekend trip to Europe, and the first to reach thier goal gets to choose the destination.
Our Deadline is July 8, 2009...why that date? That is our nine year anniversary.
Here is how our little game is going to work we both have a set amount we would like to lose or reach 250 points before that day. We get points by working out: 2 points for a 30 min. workout and 4 for a 45+ work out. We lose points by eating unhealthy items. Like one donut= -2 points So we can eat it we just have to decide if it is worth the points.
To make the deadline we have to have 10 points a week until then.
Again I say...I want to win this. We are setting aside money from our Tax refund to use as our prize money. So anyone who wants to play with us...play along. Come up with your own reward worth fighting for and play with us.
Ryan and I both worked out today to start us off right but we also went to a terrible but heavenly BBQ place with Ken and Sue...so we pretty much are already in the hole but hey-how often do you go to good BBQ on the East Coast? For that matter how often do you get to go to dinner with Ken and Sue?
What the hey- we are still pumped. Go us! I'll try to post how it's going, and if I am really brave I will keep the point count updated.
Monday, January 19, 2009
Going Flab to Fab together!!
Posted by Ryan and Tawnee at 7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I like this. I like the prizes. Very motivating Good luck to the both of you!
Go Tawnee... and Ryan! :) What a fun idea...very motivating! Good Luck!
Dang, those are some good prizes!! I always say, "Oh, I'll buy myself a pair of jeans..." but then I just buy the jeans after about 2 weeks of working out cause I DESERVE IT! :) I'll show Porter your post--he'll love how in depth you've gotten with it. Good luck to you! And every once in awhile, a donut is SOOOO worth 2 points to me.
How Fun..even though you're already FAB! And you picked a great day-thats when our baby is due. Nine years huh!!! What a great way to remember your 9 year anniversary. Ya'll are awesome.
I LOVE IT! What a fun thing......May we will join y'all after Cali gets here and I have recovered some what. NOt that I want to loose anything....just be healtier.
miss you guys! good luck!
Good Luck! I could use some serious motivation like this to get me going on my weight loss! I can't wait until Dave has a "real" job and we have a bigger income and I can either afford weight loss equipment or a gym membership! And I can't wait until I am done nursing and can cut down on the daily calorie intake! But I can't convince Liddy that a bottle is good.
You go girl....and boy. But I'm secretly rooting for you too win. I don't know about a shopping spree when your all fab and I'm all flab. It wasn't a great confidence boost shopping with you when we were growing up. There was you, Miss Anything and Everything Looks Better On Me Than Cindy Crawford, then there was dumpy old me. But maybe I can get fab, if only I could leave those cute colorful little M&M's alone!
How fun! Good luck on your contest. (I'd kind of go for the vacation thing myself, but then I hate shopping - although I really need it!) It always helps to have someone to do it with.
Post a Comment