




Home at last...or so it seems. This has been a long couple weeks getting settled into our new home in Connecticut. Seems like so much has happened and I am not sure where to start. First and foremost according to Kadence- we have a woodchuck living in our backyard. We make daily expiditions to find the woodchuck whom she has named Angelina. (She tells me she made up the beautiful name Angelina and doesn't understand how she has a cousin with a name she made up...) The mysteries of a 4 year olds life are astounding!
I know all our stuff is here and even almost totally organized- Ryan even went to work today. But I still feel like I will be going home soon to Houston. Maybe if we sold our Houston house this might feel more like there is no where else to go so I best get used to the idea!
It is beautiful and the weather is 100% better then Houston, but I really miss my friends and the ward. I saw a picture of Wesley Tingey saturday and started crying...I even miss my kids friends. I know it is just a matter of time, I just wish that time had already past, I feel in the middle of it.
The girls are doing well, Cambelle has adjusted the quickest. Kadence has started wetting the bed again, and when I ask her why, she just tells me, "I just don't know Mom!"
Here are a few picture from the last couple weeks, most are of the girls at the house, at the Norwalk aquarium, and one of me and them on an adventure to Kent Falls where we saw a cool covered one lane bridge. Oh and one of Ryan and the girls reading books waiting for our stuff to arrive.
Monday, June 16, 2008
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck?
Posted by Ryan and Tawnee at 7:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I just have to say that turtle pictures is amazing!!
What a cool turtle! Wesley would love it! It looks so nice Tawn! It was so good to talk to ya today. We miss you guys.
Everything will work out!
love ya!!!
Yeah - a new post! I am glad you and your stuff are now in Conneticut. Moving away from friends is hard - we don't move for a year and I get sad everytime I think about it. You guys were in Houston a long time but I am sure you will have lots of great adventures in Conneticut.
BTW - we are having another girl. Lauren is thrilled with having a little sister.
Yeah! I have been checking your blog frequently to see how the move went, how you are adjusting, etc. I'm sorry! I know how hard moving is. Like you said, it just takes time. Everyone misses you here, but soon you will have a million new friends with your AMAZING personality!! The people of Conneticut are lucky to have you and your family! I love love your house!!
I'm feeling your pain, Tawnee! Only we're a month behind you. We'll leave on Friday, but I'm not sure I'm ready to leave the security of where I am, and all my friends. And I'm trying to figure out if behavior issues are age-related or mostly brought on with daddy being gone/the move. But we just roll with the punches, don't we. I'm glad you got here with nice weather. A couple weeks ago we had this awful heat wave, and of course no one here has central a/c. Nothing like dripping sweat in your house!!
My boys asked for six months, "when are we going home?" Kinda hard to explain to my four year old that we were "home." You will get used to it, but I feel your pain for now. When we sold our first house I cried and cried the last time I walked out the front door.
Post a Comment