




I honestly never thought I would do that...camp in upstate New York, but it is only an hour's drive when you don't get lost, it was about 2 for us. We had a blast though, the girls thought it was the greatest thing ever to sleep in a tent. Now let me tell you this was the lap of luxury tent, the girls slept in sleeping bags on a queen size air matteress. (I know we are creating camping princesses) But the will get that from me, Ryan and I had cots with pads and sleeping bags...it was seriously almost as comfortable as my marshmellow bed at home...almost! We are totally going again!
That is the Hudson River, we crossed a bridge and looked to the right and saw untouched beauty and looked to the left and saw the NYC skyline.
Our next trip is to go to Lake Ontario, and Palmyra and see the pagent on the Hill Comorah, we have our camping trip all planned. I told the girls it will be Cambelle's birthday campout. Kadence is so excited she asks me to tell her bedtime stories about our big birthday campout.
Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Camping in New York?!?
Posted by Ryan and Tawnee at 7:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
That is great that your girls loved camping! Lauren absolutely loves it too. She thinks the tent is the best thing ever. And the best part about camping is the yummy food and inexpensive accomidations!
Have fun at the pageant. I really, really wanted to go this year. We have some good friends living in Rochester so we had a free place to stay and everything but with Dave's leg we couldn't make it work this year! If they are still there next summer when the pageant is happening we may end up out your way then!
fun times! i am glad you are all moved in. it is hard to move... but soon your roots will grow and you will love it! i love the pocket. you know marilyn does that with her mouth piece?? that does look fun... kids say the greatest things.
LUCKY! I miss camping.
Isn't it beautiful?! I'm so jealous - especially being so close to Toronto... it's amazing how much we still miss it there! Oh and Palmyra is awesome - we never did get a chance to go to the pageant but I've heard it's wonderful!
HOW FUN!! I am jealous that you went camping in JUNE and weren't dying of heat exhaustion. :) I am camping princess too, Greg is a prince and I'm sure when we take the girls they will be princesses as well. :) I can't wait to see and hear more about your fun adventures!
How fun is that? Camping in June with sweaters??? Can I just say you are soooooo lucky! How gorgeous all your pics are! So impressed y'all are jumping right in and taking advantage of your new surroundings!
Wow, that is so pretty there. Brent served his mission in upstate NY. Someday we're going back so I can see it. I've never been east of NM. Can you believe that?! Although we are going to Philly in October. Anyway, glad you're getting all settled in!
Upstate NY is beautiful in the summer! I still miss it sometimes. Glad you're having fun. We miss you! - Ellen
Post a Comment