Thursday, March 27, 2008

Admission of a bad mom...

Okay so I have been so totally obsessed with getting this old house to sell, and Ryan has been working like a mad man...I didn't get Kadence a birthday present yet. The saddest part about it is that she knows exactly what she is getting she picked it out months ago...a bike!

I told her when she turns 4, she could have a bike for her birthday, she has been so excited about it. But I didn't want to go get it with her and with Ryan working 80 hours in 5 days and topping it if with a full day on Saturdays, he honestly can't stay with the girls or go with us to pick it out.

So that is what I have decided that I will take her with us to pick out her very own bike, maybe she will like having that desicion for herself.

She turned 4 on Tuesday, where did the last four years go? She is an absolute joy to be around all day, she is like a little sparkle of light. If you don't spend much time with her maybe you won't understand, but she is like a sparkley little fairy. She is my Tinkerbell.

She wanted pancakes for dinner on her birthday and to go to Chuck E Cheese, so we went to Denny's and played at Chucky's. Between her and Ryan they won enough tickets so she could have a fun dip and even got a sucker for Cambelle.

I took her to the Dr yesterday, she is a whooping 29 lbs and 37 inches, she is only in the 10% for both height and weight. My wee Tinkerbell.

8 comments:

TammeNBen said...

Don't worry Tawn, she won't remember that she didn't have her bike on her day. I bet she'll LOVE going and getting it herself. When you forget her 16th and 17th birthday (like a certain other wonderful mother I know) then maybe you can feel bad for a min.

Jenn said...

You are an amazing mom Tawnee. I love how you adore your kids and appreciate them. You do that with people in general. Your a great all around girl!!

KT said...

I didn't get my first bike until I was about 7 or 8, and even then it was an old bike from a garage sale and the front wheel popped off and sent me flying over the handle bars every five minutes. I think Kadence is one lucky little girl!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

We didn't give Lauren her bike on her birthday either. It was on Easter and Dave was still in the hospital so we just gave it to her a couple of days after he got home. She didn't care in the least! We just told her we had one more gift still to give her and she just got all excited wanting to know what it was. Kadence will love being able to pick out her own bike (I will admit I was able to save some money NOT letting Lauren pick out her own bike. She would have picked out the Barbie bike that was $25 more just because it said Barbie on it). Have fun bike shopping and make sure you take some pictures of her riding it.

Anonymous said...

You are a WONDERFUL mom Tawnee! I can't believe she is FOUR!! Wow! I still remember the first time I met you and Ryan..she was just this adorable tiny little newborn sleeping away in her carrier. Time flies!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Hey - so to go along with your new Heading - how goes everything with the move? Have you been out to CT yet to find a place to live? Do you have to do a lot of the packing and moving or is the company going to help you with that? I am sure you are very busy but keep us posted on all your exciting news!

jacblanch said...

Happy Birthday, Kadence! She's such a cutie! I love your family pic at the top of your blog! She reminds me so much of Kaden. He'll be 4 on May 1 and when I took him to the DR a few weeks ago for an ear infection, he weighed a whopping 26 pounds!

Casey Forese said...

Your a great mom and I love your family picture!