Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Color Challenged....



Is your husband color challenged? Mine is...we have had a "discussion" for 5 years on what color to paint our bedroom. He said blue, I said brown. Knowing I would be doing the painting I held out on doing the work. Now that we are ... or should I say, I am trying to get this house on the market and with Ryan working 75 hours in 5 days did I choose the colors and paint the room. It's brown. It is freaking awesome. I love it, I lay in bed and smile every morning just happy with my hot chocolate with melty marshmellow brown room.

Why do I say Ryan is color challenged, here is an example. One Christmas about three years ago I got him a great new outfit for work (he hates the word outfit when I talk about his clothing, but what word would I use?) Anyway, it was a really cool outfit with dark chocolate pants and co-ordinating shirt. I thought he was really going to like it and look stinking hot in it to boot. When he opened it, he gave me a funny look and sat it down next to him and moved on to the next gift. When I asked him what he thought of the outfit, he said, and I quote,"why did you get me Christmas red pants, where am I supposed to wear these?"

Yes- Chocolate brown = Christmas red

He hasn't said much about our room, he is probably wondering why I thought party pink is so neutral.

For what it's worth, his color challengedness is on my list of favorite things about him!

5 comments:

TammeNBen said...

It looks good. Don't ya wish you'd done it long ago. Thats the bad thing about moving, your spiffin your house up for someone else.

Kelly said...

oooo-looks good...I'll have to check it out in person!

Anonymous said...

Oh Tawnee...thanks for always making me laugh! :) I LOVE your choice of color! Not that blue is not a nice color, but I do prefer brown. :) It looks great!

jacblanch said...

I love the color! Someday, we'll get around to painting too, probably as we're putting our house on the market! :) We still have just plain white walls. Boring! :)

Russ and Nat said...

I can totally relate....Russ is completely colorblind in every sense of the word. It has actually gotten to the point where I have to pick out his "outfit" everyday he wants to coordinate...oh well, at least I know he will look good! Love the paint color....