Wednesday, May 28, 2014

These darn shots....

Do women who get prenant easily and stay pregnant without much thought have any idea how easy they have it? Of course not at least not when it comes to that. Lucky ladies!!

So because this pregnancy started in the freezer over two years ago, I have had to take daily shots since April 5th.  This little one was conceive-created at the same time as Beckett, so esseentially this is Beckett's twin...come late.  Back to the shots for a couple weeks I was taking two of them....these are no little needle in the tummy chub shots like the last time. These bad boys are intramuscular in the upper bun cheeks shots. Ouch! I am glad I retained some chub from the last pregnancy for a little padding! First time I have ever been thankful for that!

Within the first two weeks of taking the shots I developed an infection on one side and then soon after started have an allergic reaction to the oil the progesterone was mixed with!  I don't know which was worse...so they put me on an antibiotic for 10 days and changed my shots to be mixed with seseame oil....yes you read that right, no I don't think I can sub it out while cooking if I run low on my sesame oil.  That stuff really helped, it didn't hurt from the reaction anymore but it is about 10 times thicker then the other stuff and it is really hard to get it pushed into the muscle. Poor Ryan's little fingers! I know it's breaking your heart just like it breaks mine every night when he complains after shooting me in the butt!

So two weeks ago the doctors office told me that I have three and a half weeks left of the shots.  Ahhh....that sounded forever!  But here is how I figured it, three and a half weeks is only a moment in time in the grand scheme of things as long as my baby was safe and needed it, three and a half more weeks of shots wouldn't be much of a sacrifice as compared to a lifetime of regrets and self doubt if I didn't stick with the plan by my doctor and something happened to the baby.

So here we are, two weeks more down, a backside full of medice knots but a strong and thriving baby is growing.  Today my doctor told me that things are going so well and the baby is so strong that I am getting a full week reprive!! Only four more shots and only every other day and I am done!! I get to be normal pregnant!! So I have been on 2 different estrogens and two different progesterone meds, I just laugh when women tell me that they wanted a medicine free baby.  Good for you, I just wanted a baby.



1 comments:

The Maxwell Family said...

Tawnee, you are awesome! I just happened to look at my blog and saw that you updated. Congrats on this pregnancy! I hope it all goes well. Great attitude about the shots and hope you get to stay done with them soon. You have the cutest kids and they are so lucky to get you as a mom!!!