It has been a long hot summer here in Texas! Not to mention an eventful one to boot. I know I should have posted sooner but really....I was busy! So let me begin at the beginning.
It all started 11 years ago when I saw Ryan for the first time...just kidding that is a different story.
Really it all started because Mama wanted a couple days to play! So I made a run-away plan with my sister and Mom to go antiquing at this HUGE Flea Market for two days in Canton Texas the first weekend in June. I found my birdcage...some may think it is ridiculous...but I just LOVE it. Still figuring out what else to put up there but for now it just makes me happy every time I come home and see that tweetybird birdcage.
So anyway, we left all 7 of the youngin's with the men folk...ya know now that I am from Texas I can talk like that. And my sister Tamme, my Mom and I spent two fun sweaty days digging through other people's trash at the flea market and making it our treasure! The best part really was just having a couple days with just Tamme and my mom.
Then we headed to Oklahoma to watch my beautiful little niece Veronica be baptized. The kids played with all their cousins, all together there are 15, 13 girls and 2 boys! Yes we feel for those two little dudes.
After a few days with the family Ryan and I took our three little ones for a big driving vaca. We stayed in San Marcos and took the kids to Austin, San Antonio and everywhere in between. We took them to the caverns in San Marcos and to a crazy drive through Safari, then up to Austin to watch thousands of bats fly out from under a bridge and have pancakes for dinner at the best pancake place in America! I had lemon poppy seed pancakes, Cambelle had gingerbread pancakes....I can not talk about them anymore or I may have to go start cooking....but I think she won. Hers were to die for!
We also took the kids to Sea World and it was BLAZING hot that day, super crowed all to see the last Shamu show before they started the new. So much for our hope that maybe some kids would still be in school..HA!
We found the best kept secret in Texas, it's called Canyon Lake. Beautiful BLUE Baby BLUE and no one was there....ok a few but just a few. Next summer when Emmett is bigger that is where I want to send our whole vacation!



1 comments:
What a great way to keep track of your summer. It's been an eventful one and I love the birdcage in your window. It will give your cats something to stare out hour after hour. It sounds like you had a great summer with the exception of Kadences'arm. I have never liked monkey bars either - or teeter totters. But compared to the skate parks now, monkey bars and teeter totters look pretty tame. Don't ever tell Kadence about the skate parks.
Post a Comment