Monday, August 22, 2011

Not a clean break...

That 5 am call...

"Ummm, Tawnee, I think Kadence broke her arm, we are in the emergency room in the Woodlands."

Okay, I am awake now....just in time to watch the beautiful Hawaiian sunrise and talk to a surgeon a million miles away about how Kadence was going to need a couple pins in her arm because it was not a clean break.

THOSE DAMN MONKEYBARS!!!

That's how she broke it, fallen off 'em.  And that is the nicest thing I have to say about them.  They had to admit her to the hospital for the night while they waited for Ryan and I to get home for the surgery.  I cried on the entire plane ride from LA to Houston because it was delayed and I was nervous I would be late for the surgery.  When the plane touched down Ryan threw me in a Taxi and I raced to the hospital. The surgery was scheduled for 2 pm, I was there about 1:45pm.

When I walked in I just burst into tears, the poor little babysitter who had been with her and her mother started crying, then the nurse and the child wellness specialist all started crying too.  And Kadence just looked up from the I-Pad the Wellness Specialist had given her and said, "oh, hi Mom." Then went back to making the cat on I-Pad talk.


She got two pins in her arm just above her elbow, and had two casts, one pink and one purple. The cast was on for four weeks and we were official grounded for the rest of the summer. No more swimming, trampoline, playing, nothing.  Let's just say they were ready for school to start today!

0 comments: