Monday, February 1, 2010

Icky Sicky Christmas time






Ryan took two weeks off for Christmas this year and boy did we have big plans. I mean we sat down one night a week or two before his time off and planned out something to do with the kids ever day he had off. We were not going to waste a minute of it. We had plans to go into NYC three times and sledding three times. We were ready for his first big break with just us!

Monday I took Kadence to school, I was a little irked that she still had school until Wed. that week but I thought heck it's Kindergarten, I'll take her out a day or two early this week and we will go play. Well, about two hours after dropping her off I get a call from the nurse, Kadence has pink eye. Emmett had pink eye....Cambelle got pink eye that week. Then then Kadence got food poisoning the next day I think from raw cookie dough... then she got a sleepy virus with a fever. All the kids were sick the ENTIRE two weeks Ryan was off, they all went to the Dr. at least once if not more.

We never went into NYC, but Ryan did take the girls sledding. I wouldn't take Emmett out because he was back on breathing treatments so I wouldn't let him out in the cold.

So Santa came, they all coughed, and puked their way through it. I am glad I took pictures, because with all the medication they were on they will NEVER remember any of it!

Honestly though it was wonderful to have Ryan home all to myself...I am still the luckiest woman alive. I glad he still likes me, cause I still want to run away with him.

4 comments:

Hampers said...

So cute! Your house looked great and your girls look so cute in their pajamas. I think I like the pajama tradition and I may do that myself.

Ben said...

Well its about time. I was just about to give up. Looks like a fun Christmas morning, sickness and all.
I must admit gingerbread houses were my favorite thing this year.

Jenn said...

Alyssa would be so jealous of Cadence's guitar!

Demented Granny said...

I love Christmas pictures! Especially grandkid Christmas pictures. They are all growing up so fast. Sometimes I forget how blue Kadence's eyes are and how brown Cambelle's are.