Monday, February 1, 2010

Ahhhh....Sooo far behind

So this is my worst EVER! I know I have never gone this long without posting, you know the sad thing is, I have actually thought a thousand times, "that would make a good blog", but did it ever get done? No.

So pathetic. Here it is February...and I still have the background up saying Happy Thanksgiving, now I am a big fan of Thanksgiving but not that big. So lets just shake off the last couple months and I will try to recap and let's move forward.

First things first we went to Houston last week, well, Ryan, Emmett and I did. We picked out a plot of land, and builder and designed our house....now they just need to have it built by June when we move back. Yeah!!! It is in Country Lake Estates and right now it is just a big plot of weeds with a dead tree stump, lovely really lovely. But I can't wait to not share a bathroom with the kids anymore, that is really what I am most excited about, bathroom countertops...we have lived two years now with NO countertops in a bathroom. I know it sounds like I am describing third world conditions but really after those girls get done brushing their teeth it looks like a toothpaste bomb goes off and your feet stick to the floor. Ryan wonders why I always wear shoes.

So yes we are going home, yes real home, if we are going back to Houston why bother going anywhere else but home home? It was funny to go back, we kept wondering where all the people were. After living up here your perception of crowded roadways and congestion changes. Everything in Houston seemed so clean and new, and so spread out. Then we flew back into LaGuardia right over the Bronx or Brooklyn, they all look the same to me. I will be grateful for the time here because it made me realize how much I really do love Texas and that we lived on the green side of the hill when we were there. There is no need to try to move again to find it.

Anyway, so I will do a few more posts and play catch up and post pictures of the last couple months...like Christmas, we did celebrate it. You just wouldn't know it by looking at our blog!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sad that I didn't get to se you while you were here... nasty stomach bug! :( Heard it was a lot of fun.
How exciting that you are moving back and into CLE neighborhood!! I already am sad that we moved from there and now even more sad. How fun for you, Melissa, Julie & Debbie! I'm excited for you.
We'll have to plan another GNO when you move back so I can see you.

eden and david said...

so cool that you are moving in the neighborhood. who are you building with...they just cleared land next to our house for lennar houses.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys to have a house and SPACE!! That is my dream to one day have space and a house.
Take care, Bre