Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Breaking News?

Wow, I have had a few questions about moving back to Texas. Well first Ryan's assignment here was only for two years, then we had the option to go back or somewhere else. Before coming here I told Ryan he had to get me out of Houston or else, it went a little something like this,"Get me out! Get me out! Get me out!" Then we were here for about three weeks and I said,"Take me back! Take me back! Take me back!"

Needless to say Ryan was a little confused, but our time here is up in June and school ends the end of June so we will let the girls finish up and head back to Texas first of July. I know it is a ways away but I like to plan...it is the only thing I seem to have any real control over.

So when we go home we have thought about building a house...you know, collect my own dirt, and that sort of thing. So I asked Ryan to talk to some builders when he went back this week.

I thought I had mentioned this before but I guess not...so there you have it we are moving back to Texas.

Besides if Glenn Beck is right and the end of the world is near, wouldn't you rather be in Texas? They have more guns there...I can mock because I love. If you don't love Texas you can't mock it! Speaking of Glenn Beck, he taught our Sunday school class last week, it was really good. Then after ward I met him in the hall and he gave me a big hug! How cool it that? Yeah I know, pretty cool. Those of you who don't like Glenn Beck, save it for someone who cares!

11 comments:

jacblanch said...

I love Glenn Beck! How fun that you got to meet him. I also like to have a plan, so I feel like I'm in control. We have big plans for our future!

loven it! said...

ok that is totally awesome that glenn beck taught your class and then gave you a hug! amazing! is he in your ward?? i'm going to tell jeff and he will be jealous! i hear he is very nice!!

The Mangrum Family said...

You seriously met Glenn Beck!!! How cool is that!!!

Melanie said...

It will come around faster than you think. I am happy you get to go back to Houston. I really enjoyed the 2 weeks we spent there. Is Glenn Beck in your Ward? That is too cool.

eden and david said...

texas has a way of pulling you back in. glad to know that you are moving back!

Amy said...

Has it been 2 years already?? Enjoy TX -- we love it, though we don't know if we'll ever make it back.

Sally said...

Tawnee, I love your growing little family. Your children and your neice are beautiful...haha there was even a picture where Veronica kind of looked like Ryan...weird? Kinda. I miss you guys a lot! I know we never see each other but will you give the girls and Emmett a huge hug from me and tell them that I'm glad that they are a part of my forever family? Thank you for all you do! I love and miss you all so much!

KT said...

Well, if some of those Fox news journalists are right, Houston is one of the targets of a backpack nuke. Buy some gas masks, just to be safe. :-)

Traeger Tribe said...

I can't wait to tell my mom that you hugged Glenn Beck - SHE LOVES HIM!

BJ said...

line from Miss Congeniality: "This is Texas. Everybody has a gun. My hairdresser has a gun."

Beckie Taylor said...

Ya! I am in Houston now too, so it will be great to see you again!