Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Man!









Well we made it, it has been an interesting year but Wee Emmett has turned one. He is just still a little guy, not quite on the charts yet for height or weight. But his Doctor says she is happy with his growth, he is on his own growth chart but consistent. He is 17 lbs 11.5 oz and 27.5 inches tall.

The morning of his birthday Cambelle gave him his first Oreo cookie, it was his birthday so I let him enjoy it. Now all he wants is cookies and sugar! Ahhh what have I done? I have created a sugar monster.

Oh,Emmett is walking! He walked way earlier then both the girls. He is doing well. I say it was an interesting year because he spent so much of it sick. I hate the sight of the nebulizer, but I know we will be using it a lot this winter again. That is another reason I look forward to Texas, nice warm weather. His pediatric pumalogist (sp?) thinks it should help...I am crossing my fingers. His little lungs need all the help we can give them.

Anyway, we had a little birthday party and had my friend Ivy bring her boys over for cake. Chase and Veronica are in the same primary class and Tyler and Kadence are in the same primary class at church. They also go to school together, so they live close by. But when "the boys" come to play Tyler and Cambelle end up together. They are two little terrors...she has met her match in Tyler. Chase and Ronnie have a ball together. It is nice to have them all so close to us.

Emmett took a little time to realize what was expected with his little mud cake, but when he did he went to town on it. The girls and I made the cakes to look like the mud, rock and worm cake that Max makes on the show Max and Ruby. It was fun to make and even more fun to eat. Emmett sure enjoyed his freedom with chocolate!

Happy Birthday to my favorite son. I love this little man more then I ever thought I could love someone. What an amazing gift he is to our family. He is a tiny drop of joy.

9 comments:

Jason and Kate said...

Don't worry about Emmet being so small. Wyatt is barely on the charts. About a month ago he weighed in at 17 lbs. 6 oz. Looks like you had a fun bday. Good luck this winter with the sickness. I hope it stays away from your house. :)

TammeNBen said...

Happy Birthday little man! Give him some kisses from his favorite Aunt. :)

Wow! He is so little. Funny how different each kid is.

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

It looks like he had a fun birthday! You are so good to keep him away from the good stuff until he was 1. With Lauren we were so diligent but with Lydia it has been a different story. She wants whatever her big sis. has and I just can't say no, much to Dave's dismay!
We need to plan another get together. Let me know when and where!

Lewis Family said...

He is NOT 1 already! So sweet! And Isa was far from 20 pounds on her first b-day, too (the child was lucky to get out of her baby car-seat before she got into nursery)!

Jenn said...

NO WAY! ONE already! NO WAY! Man he is a cutie! Such a landmark age. So cute! I can't wait to meet him when you move back home!

Amy said...

One already? Wow! What a cutie!

Amy said...

Wow! Has it been a year? Happy Birthday Emmett! He is so adorable Tawnee.

Traeger Tribe said...

I love it when they like their cakes and really dig into them. Happy Birthday Emmett!

BJ said...

He's just about the cutest little grandson we could have ever hoped for. And a lucky little boy to have such a good mom and dad. You all do us proud.