Sunday, February 1, 2009

Go Cardinals!! Ahhh...maybe next year....

So the AZ Cards finally made it to the Superbowl, it was a fun game to watch with lots of explitives being yelled at the screen...mostly by Ryan.

Yesterday Kadence ran errands with me and she wanted me to buy her a balloon so I got her an AZ Cardinals balloon that looks like a football with the Cardinal on the side. I told her that we were going to watch the game today and have a little party to cheer the birds on to victory.

So today she was so excited for the game to start and I wondered why she was so happy to watch football with us. She hung out with us for the entire first half of the game before turning to me and saying," Mom, they haven't showed any birdies yet!"

I think she really thought it was a game of football playing birds. How disappoiting sweaty old men in uniforms must be to a 4 year old!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

No, they didn't win, but they sure had a good showing! I thought it was an awesome game (and I'm not really a football person...)!!

Texas Tingey said...

LOL! I love kids!

Ben said...

Poor Kadence. Cute little birdies would have been more fun to watch, I agree.

Actually I enjoyed the 4th quarter and made Gali watch it with us before I put her to bed. Its sad really when football comes before my child's well being.

goofy feet said...

Tawnee,
I got to your blog through Micah's. Didn't know you had a new addition. Congrats! I'm so happy for you. What a cutie!
email me and i'll send you an invite to our blog, if you like...
i'm one of those paranoid people with a private blog.
glad to see you guys are doing well on the east coast!
April