Saturday, May 3, 2008

Cowboy Cookies- Unplugged

Okay so my friends say I need to post a recipe once in while, so here goes. This one is dedicated to my mother-in-law, the queen of the Cowboy Cookie, it is her recipe but I just like to kick it up a notch and turn them into killer ice cream sandwiches.




Cowboy Cookies Unplugged

3 cups flour

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

1 ½ tsp soda

3 cups quick oats


1 ½ cup shortening

1 ½ cup brown sugar

1 ½ cup white sugar

3 eggs

1 tsp vanilla

1 tbsp water


1 ½ cup coarsely chopped walnuts ( I toast the walnuts for 5 minutes at 350 degrees on a cookie sheet before using, makes the flavor pop)

1 pkg semi sweet chocolate chips

You know the drill, mix the wet and dry separate, then combine and add nuts and chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes depending on size of cookie.

Then I just match up sizes and fill with a yummy ice cream, wrap in wax paper and stick ‘em back in the freezer for as long as they last- around here that’s not long

6 comments:

TammeNBen said...

Sounds good, but to make them even better throw the semi sweet chocolate chips away and use milk chocolate chips. I also put a little bit of cinnamon in. Delicious!

KT said...

I want to make these today, but I don't think we have any of the ingredients. Warren is busy making his own dinner. Poor guy. His wife is broken.

Jenn said...

Recommendation for next month....Post your tomato soup....oh and your chicken one with the tomatoes oh yeah and your crepe one. Okay mise well get a recipe blog going while you are at it.....Some of us could use some of your amazing cooking magic!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with Jenn on you creating a recipe blog. :) We'll have to try these cookies...sounds yummy!

loven it! said...

yummo! i am totally drooling. sorry i am so lame and never did your tag. i have pretty much been a blogger slacker...

loven it! said...

yummo! i am totally drooling. sorry i am so lame and never did your tag. i have pretty much been a blogger slacker...