Sunday, April 27, 2008

New Home




This is the cute new house that we found in Connecticut. We are in love with it. We flew out last sunday and went house hunting (just renting), Monday morning. We found this and was in love before I even went inside by 1:00 pm that day. The house was built in 1938 and was lived in by the original owners until 4 years ago! Then Old man Johnson (yeah that is what the neighbors called him!) died and his son sold the house to our new landlords, really fun family, who have been living in it for the last four years, now we are going to be the third family to have ever lived in it. Isn't that funny that for all but four years Johnsons have been living in this home? I think it makes it that much more charming.

The house in is Norwalk, and only 10 minutes from Ryan's office, the beach and Costco!! I love the location. Here is a shot of the backyard...




Yes that is a cool little duck pond...really more like a mud hole. The girls are excited to get some baby ducklings from the local feed store and raise them in their pond. Pond is used loosely in this term.

But because the house isn't going to be ready until June 1st, we have pushed back our move date for two weeks. So now we will go the first week of June. It is so worth the wait!! Connecticut was beautiful, new york was less charming but that is another sorry- glad to be back with the girls again. After getting our big purpose there done in a couple hours I was ready to come home but it took the realtors two more days to get the leases ready...why do they get paid again...I forget?!? Anyway thought you might want to see the cuteness that will be our new home for the next two years.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE It Tawnee!! Love the front porch and all the trees and of course the duck "pond." :) It is beautiful and so nice that it's a close to Ryan's work.

Texas Tingey said...

Tawnee!! I love it! It is so adorable. I am so excited for you guys!!!!*sigh*

Julie said...

SOOOO super cute! That one would have been right up my alley! Y'all are going to have so much fun on your new adventure!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Congrats on finding a place to live! It looks like a fun place for two little girls to explore. Did you get any pict. of the inside?

KT said...

I love it! I can't wait to come visit!

Traeger Tribe said...

So CUTE! I love the history with it too! That backyard is perfect for kids too - so happy for you guys :D

loven it! said...

what a beautiful home!! have you sold yours yet?? we'll have to come visit.

eden and david said...

how sad. i remember the days when you first moved to houston and were in YW. how time flies. :)

Amy said...

Welcome to CT! Norwalk is a beautiful area - this is true for all of CT. Rob won't be in town but we'll have to get together before we leave for NC. You can come to New Haven and we'll show you around and have some world famous pizza at Sally's or Pepe's!