Saturday, November 3, 2007

Never Ending Halloween


Is it just me or does Halloween seem to last FOREVER??? Halloween is just not a day - it is weeks of endless parties and candy. Or at least it felt that way...the girls started out the evening trick or treating as Winnie the Pooh and Lumpy the Heffalump, but it was too hot we had to come home for a costume change and they finished the street as Snow White and baby with fairy wings and skirt...it was lovely- really.
Kadence remembered what the deal is with trick or treating so she knew the ropes, but Cambelle was a bit confused... at the first house...but that was the end of her confusion. When she took a look in her little treat bag and realized she had just struck gold- she led the way to the next door, even knocking and holding out her bag. She was so excited and so dang cute that she the 15 month old ended up with a better haul then the 3 year old.
I had picked up our young friend Amber to come along for the ride due to the fact that she is now too old to go herself so I sent one of the bags of good home with her. She is young, she can handle the extra calories better then me...
We had fun...but I am really glad Halloween only comes once a year.

5 comments:

*Monica* said...

I think Halloween goes on forever too, and now that I have 2 kids in school we have endless parties. The crazy part is I always wind up volunteering to help at them. Your girls look darling is both sets of costumes.

Adrienne said...

Amen. I agree that Halloween is a little never-ending. Steve and I were exhausted by the end of the night.

Love the Acre woods costumes!

Anonymous said...

BI couldn't agree more...by the time Halloween was over, I was totally pooped! I LOVE the Winnie the Pooh family costumes! That is great! I got Adam to dress up this year too...I was so proud of him...he was Micky Mouse and I was Minnie. It was fun!

Traeger Tribe said...

Amen Tawnee! I ate way too much chocolate and treats! I made Seth take most of the candy to school so that I wouldn't be tempted anymore!

Natalie said...

Wow! I love running into old friends~ You have a beautiful family. Halloween was fun! and time goes by!
Add me to your list.
~ Natalie "Merrill" Whiting