Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Sorry about the messy house...




Kadence's best friend in the whole world is Wesley Tingey, it's great because his mom is one of my best friends. Wesley turned three the other day and so we made him a cake for his party. He said he wanted a frog cake, and outside their old apartment was a tree stump with a crack in it and in the crack lived a frog. Kadence and Wesley spent a great deal of time studying that frog each time we visited. So we made him a tree stump for a cake with a frog in the crack. He came over yesterday while we were finishing it and I overheard Kadence telling him," my house is messy today Wes, you can come back after my mom cleans it!" This was shocking enough but we had quite the day....Kadence and I.




Yesterday morning, I took the girls for our run, then put Cambelle down for nap number one, Kadence's favorite show Caillou was on, she asked for a yogurt while she watched...so far all is on track. I ran up to take a shower when no more then a couple minutes later she is at my door covered in yogurt! I asked what happened and she said," I need to take a bath." I said," yes you do, does anything else need a bath?" She told me the couch needed a bath too cause it was messy.




Understatement. She had used the yogurt like a massage therapist uses lotion on a fat guy! In a panic I shampooed my couch with the steam cleaner. Shower opportunity missed, I needed to get the cake in the oven, and she wanted to help... She spilled food coloring all over the cupboards, herself and floor. She spent most of the day green. After cleaning that up and getting the cake finally in the oven, she stood on the counter and peed. Uh-oh...




So, was my house messy by the time Wesley arrived? YES!!!

5 comments:

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

That is a funny story (probably not so funny to you but to us readers, its funny)! And your cake looks amazing. Is there anything you can't do?
I hope you have an eaiser, less messy day today!

Blanch Family said...

She cracks me up. I hope today is a better day for you.

Russ and Nat said...

That is so funny.......oh what I have to look forward to!

Jennifer said...

That's great, just great. Especially her peeing on the counter (says the girl who just spent the day changing her 3-year-old's clothes every hour because he kept peeing in them...) Yes, it does sound like our lives are similar. :) And I am all about arranged marriages, providing there is a substantial dowry involved...

And that cake is amazing!

Jennifer said...

You didn't answer my question, by the way. Why are you in Houston? And would you like me to arrange a play date for you and Markley? :)