Monday, August 6, 2007

Sick Babies

Isn't it amazing how the minute your three and a half year old shows the first sign of being sick and in your head she is instantly 6 months old again? Yesterday Kadence was awfully sick, it was a long day and I knew it was just a matter of time before Cambelle was sick also. Kadence has bounced back quite quickly, but I think this illness has taken a stronger hold on wee Cambelle. I hardly know what to do, she can't keep anything down and has been at it for hours. I hate calling the nurse because the answer is always, it's a virus- let it work it's way out. I know they have seen a hundred kids with it but they are my only so I am more frantic. I guess it is better then having them go into hysterics on the other end of the phone, I can only imagine the damage I would cause rushing them to the ER, bowling over anyone and anything that stood in my way. Oh well, I am sure the nurse is right and this too shall pass. It is really hard being mom on sick days, esp. when I just want my mom.

1 comments:

Blanch Family said...

Don't like those days either! Hope Cambelle start's to feel better really soon.