Sunday, July 26, 2015

Capree Renee

Well, she's a girl! I was honestly shocked because I just figured it would be a boy, my fertility doctor and his nurse both told us they thought it was a boy. He even said and I quote, " if I was a betting man, I'd bet on blue!" Good thing he's not a betting man- he'd be a poor man! When the Dr. who did the ultrasound for the sex told us she was a girl, I didn't believe her at first. Then I started to cry, I didn't know I wanted a girl, but hearing she was a girl was the best news I have ever heard! I really did want a little girl,  I just didn't dare hope.



She was born on Monday December 22, 2014 at 5:26pm.  She was 21.5 inches long and 9 lbs 4 ounces, 10 fingers and 10 toes, absolutely perfect! I wish I had wrote more about the pregnancy with her, I really loved everything about it and having her at Christmas was the best gift ever!



They induced me that morning, but the night before I hadn't been feeling well. I didn't know if it was the flu or nerves, Cambelle had come down with the flu just the week before. We started her on Tamiflu and held our breath that the others wouldn't come down with it as well.  Back to the day of delivery, I called the hospital just before going in and they told me to wait to call the doctor to see what he wanted to do. I really wanted to have her that day, I wanted her to have Dec. 22 as her birthday, I'm Nov. 22, my sister is Oct. 22, my sis-in-law is Jan 22 and my nephew is April 22. Plus my mom had come and I wanted her to be there for her delivery.


Anyway I called Dr. Stevens and he asked my temperature and it was normal so he said go to the hospital, he was honestly nervous about a repeat occurrence of the same problems we had when Beckett was delivered. I was so happy the Dr. didn't want to change anything! I was bursting with excitement, I could have ran to the hospital!


They started the induction and the dr. came and put in the epidural (happy juice), but I knew it was wrong. One side didn't take and then my Dr. came and told me she was sunny side up just like Beckett. She was trying to come out my back, I was in so much pain. Then a new doctor came in and fixed the epidural (did you know they can do that? me neither) Well, that lady was miracle worker, it was perfect!


Dr. Stevens came back to check on me at 4:00pm and told me that it would probably take 4-5 hours before delivery. I told him not to go far because I was going to have her by 6:00, and he would be home in time for dinner with his family. He laughed as he walked out the door.  At 5:00 pm the nurse came to check my progress, I was ready, we just needed the Dr.  She paged him and he was there by 5:10 and Capree was born 16 minutes later at 5:26!


It all went so well, and she immediately began nursing. I loved every second of it. But we almost had to revive my mom, I guess watching a delivery is a little different then making a delivery. She was a bit traumatized by the whole thing.  She thought he was going to tear me in two to get the baby out.


As soon as I delivered her, I started shaking and my temperature spiked. They ran a flu test and it was positive. Crap. We were stuck in insolation from everyone and everything. No one was allowed in my room without, gloves, a mask and an extra gown. Really it was the flu not ebola! But anyway I actually loved that they left me alone with my baby for three whole days. We slept and snuggled, just her and I. Every mother should get three days to snuggle and love her baby before the wor So the kids weren't allowed to come see me and that was disappointing to us all, but we went home Christmas eve and it was the best Christmas ever. I honestly don't remember what they kids got, but I do remember they all fought over holding her all morning. We told them we would give them a baby for Christmas.



0 comments: