I honestly never thought I would write that title on my blog...someone else's blog maybe but not mine! But we are 13 and a half weeks along now, just finished puking for the second time tonight. Always nice little reminder at this early stage that I'm still pregnant.
What a journey getting pregnant has been for us. Honestly if I could have figured out another adoption this would be a totally different blog post....I was right about pregnancy, I'm too wimpy for this stuff! It's a brutal world inside that womb!!
We did have a small army help us in the road to pregnancy and I have been the most informed pregnant woman on the planet. My baby's first baby picture is at the zygote stage...that is five days after fertilization, just minutes before it went in the oven (my tummy).
Really cool all those pictures and seeing it go from that to a little critter that was flappin' it's fins at us was surreal. Now I have graduated from the fertility clinic to a "regular" Ob/Gyn because I am as pregnant as they can get me! I even got a hideous graduation t-shirt!!
Ryan is tickled and has been telling everyone since week 5....rather early to make the announcement. But he can't contain himself. I find him just staring at me a lot lately and when I ask him, 'What?" he just laughs and say, "you're pregnant." I remind him that we are pregnant.
The kids are so excited, fixing Mommy's tummy was their idea. While I was talking to adoption agencies they were watching my close friend go through her pregnancy even feeling her baby kick. Kadence would come home and ask me if there was anything a doctor could do to fix my tummy? She wanted to watch a baby grow in her house.
Finally after a lot of prayer and tears, we decided to give it another go and reopen our dusty infertility closet once more. This time things have turned out much differently then our last trip in the fertility world.
Life has turned out just as it should, I get to be a mother four times over with the added blessing of four kids and only one pregnancy. Honestly I don't know how women do this more then once?!?! But it brings a new appreciation for my beautiful birth mothers who made me a mother to three amazing and beautiful children.
My this post's title should be Blessed Four Times Over.
Monday, April 2, 2012
We are pregnant!!!
Posted by Ryan and Tawnee at 9:30 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I still can't get over this amazing miracle! You have such a wonderful story to tell, and your positive attitudes will be the best example for others. I'm sure that in dealing with infertility for those many years, you didn't always feel positive and whatnot. But you moved forward, adopted your beautiful kids and now have this exciting adventure too! Your story is an example to me of patience, faith and being able to be happy with the 'growth opportunities' that God throws at you. I'm SO SUPER happy for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures when this new one arrives!
Congrats to you! It is an adventure to have a pregnancy after adoptions. My older kids asked if our bio baby would be embarassed because she wasn't adopted:) She now consistently points out that I am her birthmom so she can talk about a birthmom like the other kids. Have fun and enjoy! Just a warning...my sister said to me when my bio was being particularly annoying "It's about time you get a dose of your own genes!"
I am so happy for you!!! Congrats to you and Ryan!
I teared up reading this. I know I have already said it on FB, but feel that it needs to be said again... CONGRATS!! :) I am so happy and wxcited for you and your sweet family!
Wow, Congratulation! I am in tears. I am still connected to your blog. I don't get on here very much. How exciting for you and your family. I hope you get feeling better real soon and that it all goes well. -Breauna Checketts
Congrats!! Ben and I are so excited for you.
Post a Comment