Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Little E is the big 2
















Emmett turned two last week. Oh he is such a wonderful child, the most wonderful little boy. He gives the best hugs in the world, I could make money if I could patented that little round the neck hug of his. He squeals when you walk through the door even if you have only been gone an hour, he notices. He is gentle and silly, loves to play and laugh. But will sit on my lap an watch as the world goes by and he has to patiently take his breathing treatments.


I think he has the soul of an old man. He broke his collar bone three weeks ago and when I took him to the doctor to get his brace fitted he simply went to the doctor turned around and lifted up his arms for the brace. The doctor said he had never seen a kid do that before, he usually had to chase the kids around the office and fight them to get the braces on them. But Emmett just knew, Doctor's help.


Emmett is the perfect first son, he is completely fooling me into thinking all little boys are like this. Between him and Ryan they have me almost a few more! But I do think he will be an excellent older brother, because he is so mild mannered and gentle. He's a lover not a fighter, which is good because he is better looking then he is brawny!


Anyway, the first year of his life was a hard fight with his medical problems but this last year as we have figured things out life with Emmett is nothing but pure joy. I love my boy.

Thank you Mindy for bringing me my boy. We love you. Kadence tells me often," Mom, this is the baby I wanted you to bring home, I love him". It's good I got the right one, the didn't really let me choose my favorite at the hospital. Even so I would have picked him...he's so stinkin' cute!!

7 comments:

TammeNBen said...

Happy Birthday little man!

He is too cute.

Jason and Kate said...

Funny! We bought that tool set for Wyatt when he turns two in November. Great minds think alike. Count yourself lucky with how little E lets the dr. do anything. Wyatt screams the moment they say his name. :)

The Maxwell Family said...

What a cutie!!! I can't believe he is 2 already. I saw that you said he doesn't talk much. My youngest Blake is 2 and doesn't talk either! We did the broken collar bone with Tommy, not fun. I hope it heals quickly. By the way - love your hair!

Liisa said...

Big brother? Any news that I'm missing? Happy Birthday to the big guy. He's so, so cute! We've got a match for him in about 20 years--a few months older or a few months younger, depending on his preference for women:)

Sally said...

My heart smiles for this blog. If I have to learn about my family through blogs, so be it. I will read every day.

Stefanie said...

Tawnee, Ben and I were so glad to be apart of little Emmit's party. Thank you for making us feel so much apart of the family already!

BJ said...

He looks like the angel that he is.