Sunday, August 22, 2010

School starts in t minus 7 hours...

Lunch is packed and in the fridge, backpack is waiting by the door, first day outfit is chosen and Kae is snug in her bed waiting for me to wake her for her first day of first grade.

She told me three weeks ago when I registered her for school here in Spring Texas to just X her out of the first grade because she didn't want to go, she was too nervous. Honestly, I wanted too.

Now here I am at 1:00 am and have been crying for the past hour about not being ready for school to start. I can't sleep, I'm a mess. She is just so little and that school is so big. I don't want to send her there all by herself. I had asked that they put her in the same class as her friend, but of course they didn't. Why listen to the parents? I had told them that she is painfully shy and will shadow the teacher for the first half of the year and it would probably help if she had a friend so she will leave the teacher a lone a bit, but what do I know I am just a stupid stay at home mom right? Well, good luck to the teacher I say.

When I go into parent teacher conference and they tell me, " she is soooo sweet but so shy and a bit of a shadow in fact she doesn't leave my side". I will just smile and say, "yes that's my Kae, don't worry she'll warm up by April!" She was just like that in Preschool and Kindergarten.

I'm sure I am worrying for nothing and she will be fine. I'm her mother it's my job to worry.

Cambelle starts preschool next week and let's not even talk about that one. I know I am not ready for that to start. The hours are just so long which will be good to get her ready for Kindergarten and it's only 2 days a week, but still.

I really just enjoy my girls and the time I get to spend with them. I will just miss them during the day. I am glad Emmett is home with me, I would be a disaster!!

4 comments:

TammeNBen said...

She will be ok and so will you. After reading that I feel like a bad mom....I am excited for Kael to be in Kindergarten now`. Should I be sad?

meand4boyz said...

My friend told me about a program here called, "tissues and tears" when kids go to kindergarten. It always cracks me up because I can't imagine it. It sounds like it would be perfect for you girls :) Tyler was so independent and loves school so much that he waves and says goodbye. Nathan wants to go to school so bad right now and he still has a year. I can't imagine what it must be like for poor little Kadence :( It's funny how kids can have such different little personalities. I hope you both do OK today. Wishing you luck and thinking of you guys!

The Maxwell Family said...

I am the same way Tawnee!!! I would much rather my kids be home with me, but I know school is important. Molly was her teacher's shadow for most of last year too. She's doing a little better this year though. Kindergarten was tough on all of my kids, but they really came out of their shell in first. I hope Kae has a great day tomorrow and wish you luck too!

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

You are a sweet Mom. I am mostly sad that Lauren is leaving because now Lydia is going to be BORED! I will miss her though. Luckily she finishes so early in the day (2:15) that I still fee like we have all afternoon to play and do things before dinner.
I hope Kadence loves school and has a fun year.