This is what life is like when Dad thinks he is funny. This sign is outside the information center crossing into Louisiana.
Yes, Emmett is completely a Daddy's boy.
Cafe Du Mondes waiting for the beignets, Cambelle can not be consoled that she had to wake up that day. Look closely you will see her on the table.
The posers in front of one of the cool floats at Mardi Gras World.
I just loved the buildings in the French Quarter, isn't it beautiful?
This is that church in Princess and the Frog...I should remember the name, Cambelle again, not in the mode for posing.
Finally a group shot of the lovely ladies, but of course in masks.
Watching the paddle on the River Boat, aren't they just too cute?
Well I need to play a little catch up. When the movers got us all loaded up and ready to roll from Connecticut. I had the brilliant idea to fly us into New Orleans and rent a minivan and drive to Houston, instead of waiting for the movers in Houston. It was actually a brilliant plan...I mean no sarcasm there. We had a lot of fun. It was great to come home that way. I love Louisiana, and New Orleans was a kick.
We took the kids to Mardi Gras World for a tour which was very interesting, I learned a ton...which wasn't hard to do since I knew nothing more then people got drunk and did things they usually regretted in the morning but had bead to show for it.
We took the kids on a river boat dinner Cruise and watched the sunset and listened to a Jazz band. They were great and they were completely charmed by the kids because the girls danced the night away. Cambelle fell completely in love with the piano player and told us she wanted to play the piano just like him. That was our favorite part of New Orleans, if you ever go, it can be a bit spendy but it is worth the splurge. It was just like The Princess and The Frog, the girls loved every minute of it and Emmett did too.
Then the next morning we had benigets at Cafe Du Monde's just before heading for home. Kadence just ate the powdered sugar but Veronica and I liked the donut part...it is no wonder we will always have chubby checks! We is just kissable is all we is! Anyway it was fun to take them there, Cambelle was less then charmed by anything that day until she got to pick out her mask.
When we left for home we got about half way when we decided to feed the crew and hopefully they would fall asleep...no such luck. But we pulled into this mom and pop Cajun meat shop for jambalaya and Baudoin. The kids had corndogs...curses...but Ryan and I tried it all except for the head cheese...yikes! If you don't know what boars head cheese is...look it up, they explained it to me, thankfully after we ate. It was a fun and tasty find to round out our trip through Louisiana.
We drove the rest of the way in and I think I may have cried when we saw that big lone star sign of Texas welcoming us home. I know I have cried a lot since we have been here. It is just sooo good to be home. I wasn't born in Texas but I got here as fast as I could and Texas is where I want to stay.





5 comments:
thanks for the very cute pictures, both of New Orleans and the new house! The kids look so happy!
I've been wondering about you guys, so I was really glad to see your post! Glad you guys made it safe back to Texas and had fun in Louisiana! :) I'm glad you guys get to be a little closer to your parents. We sure do miss them, and the girls. I got quite attached to them. :(
Welcome home, Tawnee! Texas missed you too! :) WOuld love to see you... maybe a girl's night out sometime soon??
I love the south! AND I love New Orleans. I've been back there 3 times in the last 3 years. (William's parents live 45 min away on the coast of MS). If you get the chance to go again, I hightly suggest a swamp boat tour and a cemetary tour. ... Now i'm craving beingets from Cafe Du Monde. YUMMMMY!!!
Your trip sounds like lots of fun. I'm glad you guys had fun. Now - we need pictures of your new place!
Post a Comment