Sunday, February 10, 2008

Not my best idea...




So I needed to do a little steam cleaning of the carpet the other day and thought I had a great idea on how to keep the girls busy while I did this little project.

I brought Kadence's mattress into Cambelle's room and set up the little DVD player, popped some popcorn and gave each of them thier pillow and blanket- oh and a juice box. I instucted them that Mom was busy steam cleaning so to watch "Meet the Robisons" and stay in the room until I came back up. They seemed excited about thier new situation, since we have never done this before. That is the first picture- look at those smiles.

Chuckling to myself and my brilliance I steam cleaned my little heart out. Then I went to check on my little angels- oddly enough twilight zone music started playing as I went up the stairs. That is when I saw what you see now in the second picture...no children just this. The girls were both hiding under the crib giggling.

Suddenly vaccumming was on my to do list....children...

7 comments:

Dave and Tricia Folsom Family Fun said...

Hey - if you were able to steam clean in peace then it was a success! I think Popcorn is one of Lauren's favorite snacks!
And I love the cute picture of Campbell with the heart on the side of your blog! Her little pigtails on the top of her head are too cute!

*Monica* said...

So here's the scoop on steam cleaning. You have to do it AFTER the kids have gone to bed. Now I realize this is a late night proposal, but after many situations like yours I have learned this is the best way. LOL This way it has time to dry before they get up and run all over it too. I know I'm nuts about the home school thing but I can't come up with a better solution so far.

P.S. Don't let the kids help with the steam cleaning either, this is waaaay worse. LOL

Jenn said...

This is too cute!!!

So when are you adding me to your friends and family list Tawnee....waiting...waiting....
you're going to have to keep up with us after you move and all....

Anonymous said...

So funny and cute! I just loving ready your stories. :) How's the house selling going?

TammeNBen said...

I would say it was a success....the steam cleaning at least. And hey, it looks like the girls had fun, while you were basking in your brilliance. Don't kids just have a way with making our best ideas seem dumb?

jacblanch said...

Tawnee!!! I was at your mom's house today and she was telling about all her kids' blogs. So I got your address from her. How fun! I love blogging! Here's mine and Brent's: http://jacblanch.blogspot.com/
Your girls are so cute, and they're getting so BIG! :)

loven it! said...

hey there!! so sorry i missed you in texas. i got really sick with a fever and the bug the bullock's had. anyway - i saw no friends and spent about 4 days in bed! i love your bloggy face lift too! you are such a cute mom! those girls are lucky to have you!