
Best Friends...lucky to be sisters too!
Grandma Blanch and Kadence
Three Generations of Johnson Men
I am so glad she insisted on sleeping by Ryan...this was his week!
Not just some Johnsons...lots of Johnsons
Almost like twins...I wish!
Nana and Emmett
All in white...all need a nap, except Ryan and Kadence!
1st official Family picute, post finalization...what a cute family if I do say so myself.
April started on a fairly crummy note, Emmett and Ryan both got pnuemonia! Cambelle and I both got some throat thing and ended up on antibiotics also. I feel like a walking pharmacy! We were doing 7 breathing treatments a day between Cambelle and Emmett....ahhhh YUCK! I thought we would never make it to Utah for our big finish.
But we did and we had a great time in Utah well, most of us did. Cambelle started asking by day 2 if we could "go home to OUR home?" and she didn't like the rental car she wanted "her" car. Why did we go all the way out to Utah you ask, well I will tell you. To finalize Emmett's adoption and seal him in the Salt Lake Temple.
We had thought we would go out early and do somethings with the kids like the zoo or go up into the mountians or something but they didn't want too all they wanted to do was swim in the hotel swimming pool. I think Ryan is still drying out a bit from that week. We went instead to the local Safeway and bought pool toys and water wings. It was 8 dollars well spent for the time they spent in that pool!
Emmett's adoption was really cool because we went to the same Judge that finalized Kadence for us. We took him to the same temple also. I thought the coincidence was a blessing. The Judge was happy to see us, of course he didn't remember us but he was tickled to see Kadence and learn that he had finalized her adoption. He said he never gets to see them again and was happy to take a picture with her again.
The day of the sealing was a mess at best. I really wanted it all to be perfect, ya'll know me...I try so hard and fail so often, I don't know why I still try. Anyway, late already I drove and got lost...with the GPS, then I didn't know where to park so we parked on the other side of the Confrence Center at the bottom of the hill. It was raining and the girls had fallen asleep in the car and didn't want to walk up the hill but wanted to be carried. So Ryan (the saint) carried them without complaint up that giant hill. I carried Emmett and all the Temple stuff including two little white dresses and Emmetts darling little sweater outfit for the sealing. Needless to say by the time we got in the temple we were over an hour late and I was frazzled beyond repair, both nerves and hair.
Ryan says the sealer at the Temple was even the same one from Kadence's sealing, he is probably right, I don't remember. I just remember the way those three kids looked coming in in thier little white outfits. I just remember thinking how lucky Ryan and I are to get to be their parents. Such a miracle. Such a joy. Emmett was fidgity and wiggling, but I remember him smiling at both Ryan and I with those big brown eyes. What a charmer...
Then we went to Ryan's uncle's house for a little party...that turned into a big family reunion. It was a little hectic but fun to see everyone and all the new babies.
We came home early the next morning. The girls and I snuggled on the back row of the airplane and slept most of the way home. I have never been so excited to see New York...that good feeling lasted about 30 minutes then we got stuck in a traffic jam and it took us a good 2.5 hours to get home...the airport is only 45 miles away from our house. But boy was it good to see our house again!
Thank you to all our family Moms and Dads, who came so far to be there for both Emmett's adoption and sealing. Thank you to Ryan's wonderful Aunt Sue for making it such a special night at her home for our family reunion of sorts. I don't know when we will be back in Utah agian, but it was wonderful to see so much family on both sides. Kadence still talks about her "tousins" and all her Aunts and Uncles and esp. her Nanna (my Grandma). Mel, thanks for letting us all crash your house for a couple days, it was fun to see all the little ones together. Thank you esp. to Tamme and Katie for coming so far with your baby girls, it was such a blessing to meet our newest nieces and see our favorite sisters again...well you too Sally!
April may have started rough but we had a fabulous finish!
Friday, May 1, 2009
Crummy start- to a fabulous finish!
Posted by Ryan and Tawnee at 11:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



7 comments:
Loved reading this post! CONGRATS!! What a beautiful family you have, Tawnee! I especially love the picture of y'all in your whites... made my eyes water. WHat a special day... sorry it was a hectic one though! Seems like all the important things always turn out a little hectic.
Beautiful family! What a wonderful end to the month! YAY!
Finally pictures! I love them all and am so thankful I got to be there. Just waiting for the next one. ;)
Congratulations on the sealing of your family. I am so excited for all of you. What a special time.
Congratulations on your sealing! You have such a cute family.
Thanks for keeping your blog so up to date. Coming here to visit with all of you is one of my 'online' highlights. I LOVE the music you always choose. I don't know who the singers are, but I like the music SO much.
Congratulations on y'alls sealing. I love the pictures and you all look great. We miss you guys.
Post a Comment