
This year for Christmas from my parents we recieved three envelopes in the mail with no information more then an address and a time to be at that address with the instuction to take lots of pictures.Our first trip was to The Forbidden City museum in Katy Texas. It was fasinating, it had a scaled down verion of the Chinese Forbidden city, scaled down terra cotta soldier replicas and all kinds of exhibits. We went on an hour long tour...the girls lost intrest in about five minutes because I wouldn't let them touch anything, but I was fasinated. Thank goodness for the stapping power of the double stroller!
Anyway, after the girls lost complete control Ryan rolled them off to a remote corner to get thier wiggles out and I was instucted to pay attention to the good stuff and tell him later. Did you know that the Forbidden City is 17 miles around and that it only took 14 years to build the entire city, in lincon log fasion so the buildings would sway with the earthquakes, since they built it on a fault line? Not one building has been lost due to an earthquake because of thier architecture. 40 emperiors ruled from the city until communism began. The city stands in the center of Bejing, because Bejing was build by the soldiers who worked days in the city but had to camp at night outside the city.
I could go on...it was really fascinating. I can't believe we have been here 5 years and have never been there.
I think our second trip is bowling, I'll post pictures after we go....
Thanks Dad and Mom- this was a blast....now I am craving chinese food...




0 comments:
Post a Comment